Friday, 30 December 2016

Aim of The Daily Write

Hello! Let me introduce myself before I get into anything serious.
I'm Meg, I'm 19 and I live in Melbourne, Australia. I read a lot, and (hopefully with this) write a lot. I like hiking, mountains, being outdoors, and binge-watching more shows on Netflix than I care to admit. I have more mugs than I can count, and I'm fascinated with the way things work, space, and travelling the world.

I'm a writer, but I don't write as much as I'd like to outside of November, so I decided that I would use a blog to hold myself to one of my goals for the New Year.
Over the next year, all the way up until the 31st of December, 2017, I will post a something at least 500 words in length (unless there is a very good reason to have a smaller amount) that can either be a short story, an excerpt from a novel I'm working on, a small fic, or even a journal entry.
If I don't post anything for a day,  I have to write double the amount for the next day, and so on until I write the same amount as I would have for the days I missed.

But why am I doing this? It's not just because I want to get myself into better writing habits, but so I can practise and improve my writing and become more confident and critical in editing my own writing.

Onwards and upwards and keep writing!
Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment